The LA Crypto Crew will be at the NAH FAIR 2017 this weekend! Come visit our table noon-8pm, for crypto propaganda, thumb drives with useful goodies, NETRUNNER? and sporadic rants, tangents + crypto-tutorials.
BONUS! We’re hosting a workshop at the fair 1-3PM, will be informal affair covering ENCRYPTED EMAIL, BURNER PHONES + (semi) ANONYMOUS COMPUTERS, ANONYMOUS BITCOINS, and TOR/DARK WEB.
Monday, January 30, 2017
@ CRASH Space
10526 Venice Blvd
Culver City CA 90232
Join us for a community-driven skill share. All levels of privacy and security knowledge are welcome! Teach what you know and learn what you don’t! There will be no leadership at this meeting. Instead, consider this an opportunity to gather, discuss, and share information and tools.
Possible things you might want to bring: a laptop, a phone, a burner laptop, a burner phone, some usb thumb drives, raspberry pi.
Possible things you might want to discuss: PGP encryption, secure communication on your phone, places to host your email or mailing lists, secure collaboration tools, setting up anonymous devices, hosting dark websites, bitcoin wallets.
We had two days of fantastic workshops at the International Center of Photography in NYC on September 10/11, 2016. On the 10th we covered CryptoLeaking for Whistleblowers and on the 11th we covered how to be anonymous and how to choose your own privacy level. The presentation on becoming anonymous is here as a PDF.
Here are three PGP keys, can you have a middle man help you verify which one is the real journalist and not a compromised key?
LA Cryptoparty will be at the Republican National Convention holding office hours at SPACES Gallery. Anyone is welcome to drop in and get a free Digital Privacy Audit focused on safely using a cell phone during events and protests as well as sew their own signal blocking pouch for safe prophylactic use of a cell phone.
Download the flyer and pass it around at an event!
1 - 4 pm
July 18, 19, 20th
2220 Superior Viaduct
Cleveland, OH 44113
Cell Phone Safe!
- Protect yourself and your digital information!
- Phones are great for documenting and communicating, but can be used to track you just by having them ON (cellphone towers). You might want to leave it at home — your life is on that phone.
- If you are going to carry one, use a signal blocking pouch.
- Make a free signal blocking pouch during digital audit office hours:
- Use at LEAST at 6 digit pin code on your phone, better to use 8-12 characters
- Do NOT use a finger print unlock.
- Make sure your phone uses encryption.
- Encrypt your messages! Use Signal App instead of txt messaging.
- Carry a cheap pay as you go phone instead of your main phone.
- Do not give out your password or give anyone permission to unlock your device.
- Plan a pre-arranged call with your buddy after an event.